Thread: 1961 Cadillac 390 Distributor Options

Default 1961 Cadillac 390 Distributor Options

What are my options to take advantage of timing control offered by Atomic system I will be installing on my 1961 Cadillac 390 cid? It has Pertronic points eliminator in the stock distributor and will be running the MSD 6 that came with the Atomic purchase. Thanks for your help

The Pertronix will trigger the Atomic (white wire) and the Atomic will trigger the MSD Ignition.

I was not looking how to trigger the system, I'm looking for options to take advantage of the ignition timing control capability. Thanks for your help

Are there options to take advantage of the timing control feature of my Atomic efi without a rotor that can be phased? Running stock 1961 Cadillac distributor with Pertronix and the MSD 6 ;There are no aftermarket distributors available for my 1961 Cadillac 390. Does MSD offer a phaseable rotor that will fit this distributor?

The adjustable rotor is required to compensate for the change in rotor phasing that will occur as the timing is controlled by the Atomic.

Without the adjustable rotor the spark will cross-fire within the cap.