Thread: New Software Update.

Default New Software Update.

I installed the new 116 software update and was wondering what does this power enrichment valve setting is for or what it does.

Power valve addition to
    handheld:

This feature adds customer
    adjustability to the fueling transient based on MAP. Vehicles with a larger
    vacuum may require a larger transient fuel based on their change in MAP pressure
    when operating the throttle. Most vehicles with larger cams and lower vacuum
    will need slightly less power valve and more throttle enrichment. Most vehicles
    with smaller stock style cams and more vacuum will require more power valve and
    slightly less throttle enrichment. Normal settings have been pre-programmed, but
    they will need adjusted while driving the car. This feature only adds fuel on
    transient throttles and will not affect steady state operation (fluctuations in
    MAP while sitting at idle will not change fuel).

False code setting has been fixed on
    the TPS and O2 sensors:

This feature should correct all
    problems with false setting of O2 codes and TPS codes on key
    up.

OK sounds good and thank you very much for the info, since I installed it my error codes have not returned so that is nice and the system is still running awesome for me!

MSD Atomic EFI Support wrote:

Power valve addition to
    handheld:

This feature adds customer
    adjustability to the fueling transient based on MAP. Vehicles with a larger
    vacuum may require a larger transient fuel based on their change in MAP pressure
    when operating the throttle. Most vehicles with larger cams and lower vacuum
    will need slightly less power valve and more throttle enrichment. Most vehicles
    with smaller stock style cams and more vacuum will require more power valve and
    slightly less throttle enrichment. Normal settings have been pre-programmed, but
    they will need adjusted while driving the car. This feature only adds fuel on
    transient throttles and will not affect steady state operation

I'd like to discuss this a little more. I'm assuming this is like a power valve in a Holley carb. Usually, the power valve is supposed to be about half of the idle vacuum. I was wondering about your numbering you use when you adjust this setting.

When I turn my ignition on, but don't start the car, the handheld shows the MAP is 29.4"Hg.

When I start the car, at idle, the MAP is about 17.5"Hg.

The power valve setting is adjustable from 0-100%, but percentage of what?

Mine is set at 14%, but I have no clue what that means. Given the static 29.4 MAP and my idle 17.5 MAP, is there a formula or a range that tells me where I should set the power valve?

Thanks

Gerry

I'd like todiscuss