Thread: 1st efi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1st efi

Hi this is my first go at this and I have a question about the fuel pump. Where I live it gets above 80deg but I can mount the pump less than 2' from tank and I do run premium gas all the time. So can I get away with an exterior mounted pump? Or can anyone offer some info to me on mounting my pump in tank? If I go In tank is it just a matter of a new sending unit? Or do I go the route of a whole new tank set up for this? My vehicle is a 1980 z28 running a nicely built 383 aluminum headed roller motor. I'm just not sure how critical it is, to run an in tank setup or not. I want to do what's best for dependability, or I wouldn't have invested in this set up in the first place right?

Thx

Allowed Extensions: bmp conf doc gif jpe jpg jpeg png

You can put the pump anywhere you want.
    They recommend in the tank due coolant sloshing over the pump. Anything that gets hot will ware out faster.