Thread: 1969 Charger = no place to put pump = in tank pump = ARRRGGG!

Default 1969 Charger = no place to put pump = in tank pump = ARRRGGG!

Ahhh... me and my big mouth! I have come to the conclusion that there is no suitable place on a 1969 dodge charger to install an inline pump setup that is still within 2 feet of the tank. I could have put it up above the passrear leaf spring behind the axle, but it would be too exposed to flying crud from the tires. I have made the executive decision to go with an in tank pump setup and should have my tank order in by Monday. Takes 4 weeks to process and will likely cost roughly $900.00 including tank, pump and shipping. Drat! Double Drat!

I am starting to think it might be possible to strap the fule pump to the stock sender and rework the plumbing to include the pump in the flow circuit. I wonder if a capped tube around the filter sock with a few stratigicaly place weep holes would be an adequate fuel trap to avoid cavitation... Any thoughts on this?

msdtech1955 Guest

working on one right now.

Attached files

Looks good to me. How long? Or can I offer a bata test?

With a B-body Mopar there is no good place to locate the pump

other than in the tank. One spot I found was in front of the rear

spring mount, behind the rocker panel.

Chuck