Thread: Air Cleaner Fitment

Default Air Cleaner Fitment

Ok anyone have an idea roughly what size air cleaner to run? I had a 14in with 3inch tall air filter but with the drop base it hits the fuel line. Would going to a raised style fix this? And the other issue is before this all fit under the hood but now clearance is an issue. I have a super victor intake and a 1 inch spacer and when carbed ran a 750 speed demon. I do not see much of a difference on size so I was shocked that it did not clear. So if a raised base air cleaner will clear the line I think I can make it work going down to a 2 inch filter. What are the rest of you guys out there running if you ran into a clearance problem?

The first thing I would do is lose the spacer. What worked well with a carb won't automatically work with a TBI. That should cure a good portion of your issue with clearance. As far as the drop base hitting the fuel line, there are a ton of different hose end connectors out there, so I'm sure you can find one that will work with it, but on the outside that it is just that close, you can always modify the drop base to allow a bit more clearance in that area. That's what they call Hot Rodding.

Yeah no lie! I did figure it out and thanks for the info!

msdtech1955 Guest

thanks fc sallen