Thread: 1932 Ford Roadster with Small Block Chevy

Default 1932 Ford Roadster with Small Block Chevy

Good morning,

I have a 1932 Ford Roadster that currently has a 350 chevrolet with a mild cam in it. The distributor has ben converted from points to pertronix ignitor. Would it be best for me to replace the distributor out with an msd distributor and box? If so what distributor would you recommend me using? Mild cam and street duty.

msdtech1955 Guest

do you want the atomic to control the timing also.....?

If you are going to allow the Atomic to control timing it is best to use one of our Pro-Billet distributors in order to lock out the advance and use an adjustable rotor.

I recommend our GM Pro-Billet PN 85551 distributor.

MSD Atomic EFI Support wrote:

If you are going to allow the Atomic to control timing it is best to use one of our Pro-Billet distributors in order to lock out the advance and use an adjustable rotor.

I recommend our GM Pro-Billet PN 85551 distributor.

Awesome thanks for the reply. Now would my existing distributor still work with the Atomic Efi. I know I wouldn't have timing control if I went this route but would this work?

The Atomic will work with the Pertronix igniter.