Thread: Wiring Question

Default Wiring Question

I am in the middle of my install and am laying out the wiring right now.
    My tank is at a local shop being modified for the in-tank pump and everything else is mounted/installed. My car is a 67 Big Block Corvette
    with A/C so things are pretty tight under the hood.

I have a MSD 8572
    distributor and will control the timing with it. The instructions for
    the Atomic EFI state to connect the Violet/Green wire/plug to the
    distributor magnetic pickup when timing is controlled. The 6A digital
    box also states to connect the same plug on it to the distributor. Am I
    correct that this plug and wires are not used on the 6A box when timing
    is controlled by the Atomic system?

Here are a few pic's of how it is looking. Don't mind the mess, I'll clean that up when finished.

Attached files

msdtech1955 Guest

Default Wiring Question

I have a MSD 8572 distributor and will control the timing with it. The instructions for the Atomic EFI state to connect the Violet/Green wire/plug to the distributor magnetic pickup when timing is controlled. The 6A digital box also states to connect the same plug on it to the distributor. Am I correct that this plug and wires are not used on the 6A box when timing is controlled by the Atomic system?

the distributor gets plugged into the atomic. from there , the white from the 6 series goes to the yellow wire on the atomic.

Attached files

msdtech1955 Guest

Default Wiring Question

bump to the top so new guys can see

4. Default Wiring Question

i have an old crank trigger kit laying around.....can i use that also ?

Default Wiring Question

You may use a crank trigger. In this case you will not need the adjustable rotor for the distributor, however may have to "play" with the distributor to get the rotor phasing correct.

With the Atomic in Locked Timing mode, the rotor should be lined up with the plug wire terminal with the timing at 15°.

6. Default Wiring Question

thanks for the great info......looking forward on driving the old car with some modern flare!