Thread: Pro-Formance Unlimited runs Atomic EFI on Ford 408 Stroker

msd_news Guest

Default Pro-Formance Unlimited runs Atomic EFI on Ford 408 Stroker

The guys over at Pro-formance Unlimited have been building crate engines for a pretty long time and they know what works. So, when they saw the news of Atomic EFI all the way back in November they got excited and put in an early order.

Now, thanks to their filming a YouTube clip, you can see just what they think of the system!

YLDCHLD Guest

Hi

I have installed system on a 461 stroker Pontiac motor in a 70 gto convert.

Have turbo 400 with 2200 stall n posi with 355" gears.non return system n running hei disbitor.have all setting set the way instructions say.iam running 12' degrees of trimming with vacuum line unhooked.this thing rocks runs flawlessly except cant get idle down under 1100 rpm haVe target idle down unless a close the blades then I lose iac#s.or back timming down that I don't want to do.any help would be Awsome.218-849-9300

I have a complaint on the Atomic EFI. The fast idle should be tagged to engine temp not 10 to 15 seconds. If the fast idle feature was tagged to engine temp 100/120 DEG my FE 390 stroker would not dye at the stop signs when cold. The FE intake is a large manifold and needs a little heat to keep the fuel from turning back in to drops before entering the cylinder. This vehicle is a manual Transmission so this should not be a problem as fare as the legal issues.

Paul Townsend

Paul's Transmission & Repair INC

2540 Cedar St

Baker City, Oregon 97814

541-523-6923