Thread: 7761 upgrade request?

Default 7761 upgrade request?

I'm using the 7761 and it works great! I use the ground reference to turn off the second system if the ARC activates (and it works awesome...see below). I do not use the rev limiter, only the two lines of retard. Currently, anytime the ARC is activated by the first line of retard, it will send a signal reference. Is it possible to: a) add another "line" to draw for the signal reference...for instance it could be drawn in the middle, between the two lines of retard? or b) allow the option for the signal reference to be activated by either the first line of retard, or the second line...and give the user the option. For instance, on a GOOD track, or on slicks, the signal reference doesn't activate until the second line of retard is reached OR on a bad track, or on radials, the first line of retard will activate the signal reference?

Don't get me wrong, the ARC is great now...just think it could be even better with a small software upgrade!

msdtech1955 Guest

ill pass it along ....

Quote Originally Posted by msdtech1955 View Post
    ill pass it along ....
    Awesome!

Another question: Is it possible to use two ARC modules?

Thanks,

Randy

msdtech1955 Guest

no sir.....................

Any luck with getting a software upgrade on the ARC?

On another note, I'm hard-headed and tried running two ARCs. It DOES work, but it sometimes "misses" the engine curve. I suspect because the grid isn't designed to run two of the same modules. If the ARC is upgraded, I'll be able to get rid of one

Is there a good contact at MSD? I called last Tuesday and spoke with a tech guy. He said that he could call back that afternoon, but I haven't heard back yet. Looking for answer to the above question.

Randy

msdtech1955 Guest

no modifications or updates to the arc at this time.