Thread: launch retard using 6al and 8975 retard box

Default launch retard using 6al and 8975 retard box

hi I have 383 with one stage of nitrous with digi-set timer set .3 to come on.
    I have 6al with 8975 im using the first stage to pull 8*.
    I was wondering if I can use a digi set timer on/off delay relay to activate a second stage of retard lets say when nitrous activates and take 5* for x.x amount of time then turn off.
    is this possible...like poor man launch retard..lol
    thanks

no one ever done it!!!

Add another delay timer and relay to your 2nd second retard trigger wire.
    Regards, Gary

msdtech1955 Guest

I looked cant find anything on diagram on how to do it.
    also I wanted a delay switch but also to be able to turn it off at a desired time so im not taking additional timing thru out the whole run!
    thanks