Thread: Delay box,Tbrake,2-step diagram help please.

Default Delay box,Tbrake,2-step diagram help please.

Hi

I have,
    MSD 6AL #6425
    MSD in car 2-step #8732
    Trans brake
    Dedenbear delay box #RTD-7
    Digi-set nitrous delay relay
    Single stage nitrous, 100 shot

I run ANDRA Super Sedan SS/AA dial your own 10.99 - 8.50. Our rule book says that both solenoids must operate from a common switch and the system must be capable of being switched off by three means: (1) when the throttle is closed; (2) by an arming switch that provides power to the solenoids; (3) through ignition switch.
    We want to run a single stage of nitrous with a Digi-set and leave at WOT with trans brake and 2-step through a delay box. How do we wire this up? Thanks in advance:001_smile::confused1:

Thank you MSDtech:thumbup1:

Hi Again. Can't seem to get this to work. I wired up to the diagram and double checked everything. When I turn on the nitrous arming switch on the left with ignition on the digi-set light will come on then turn off again after the delay, in this case 0.2 tenths. The micro switch on the carb doesn't turn the N2O and fuel solenoids on when test with finger but I can here a click in one of the relays. When the button on the right is pressed, the trans brake will work through the delay box. Please help.:blush:

Apologies for being a pain but this still won't work. The trans brake and 2-step will work with a delay through the delay box when the button from the right hand side relay is pressed but when the switch on the left hand side relay is switched on for the nitrous with ignition on, nothing happens but the trans brake button will still work. The micro switch on the carb will not power the N2o and fuel solenoids. I have fitted a purge button from the N2o switch to 87 on the left hand side relay and this will power the n2o/fuel solenoids. With the N2o switch still on, if I touch 1 or 7 on the digi-set with my test light the red light will come on in the digi-set then turn off again for the programed in delay which is 0.2 seconds. I really appreciate your help with this.:blushing:

It might work if wired correctly:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=362874
    Regards, Gary

Thanks GAZ. That set up, which I've tried last week at a T&T, does work off the foot brake no problem. My delema is how to wire it with a delay box, trans brake, 2-step @ WOT on launch without having Nitrous spraying down the carb with trans brake activated at start line.

Could you use an inertia switch to start the timer?

Transbrake on, sitting on the two step at WOT.

Transbrake off, car launches, inertia switch latches a relay in series with WOT switch which then starts the delay timer?
    Regards, Gary

Thank you for the input GAZ. I think for simplicity sake I might just keep both separate and plant the foot on throttle as trans brake button is released and set digi-set to suit.

msdtech1955 Guest

if I was you ...get rid of all that basic ignition ....get yourself a 7531 or 7730 and use the timer inside the unit ...this way it works off of the transbrake ( dark blue wire ) with no problems

and look at a nitrous board from leash electronics or edelbrock .