Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6530 Run Retard Curve Help

Default 6530 Run Retard Curve Help

Setting up the run retard curve for a 6530 box i noticed i can't start plotting or adding a dot at my full retard point for cranking, i have to pull a curve down from 0 retard to full retard and plot a curve down from there, i would have thought this would cause the engine to try and kick back?
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is how i thought it should look. This picture was from someone else's retard curve.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I found my problem :-) I can pull it down on left side if I get the pointer in the right spot and pull it down but cannot move it by adding a dot.

msdtech1955 Guest

what total and idle timing your looking to run?

Looking at running about 13-15 at idle and about 25-30 total.\
    Thanks

You can click on a dot, it then changes red and you can move it to wherever you like within reason.

But you can only create dots in 100 rpm steps.

So the first dot is at 100 rpm.

If you think about it, the engine goes from 0 rpm to higher than 100 rpm while cranking. In that split second, the module recognises the amount of retard to take out from the base timing. How else will it know how much to take out? Does that make sense?
    Regards, Gary

I know what you are saying, though I think it would fire before 100 rpm but it doesn't matter anyway I found I can set it at full retard (if I wanted to) at 0 rpm. I realize it gets to 100rpm very fast but it also fires a spark as soon as I manually trigger the box so I am guessing it could try and kick back before it gets to 100 rpm. Anyway it's all sorted and looks like the second picture I posted and not the first.
    Thanks for your response

I know how you did it, thanks for clearing that up for me as well. :thumbup:
    Regards, Gary

msdtech1955 Guest

msdtech1955 Guest

make sure distributor is locked out ...

load a non-curved graph....then start car and set total timing to 30degrees...
    lock down distributor...

now, load your curve up....start car ...and with a timing light...
    idle will be at 15 degrees ...then rev car up to see the timing advance....

make adjustments to your needs .....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast