Thread: MSD 8241 Coils and 35279 Wires

kingb34 Guest

Default MSD 8241 Coils and 35279 Wires

"I have a 1997 Ford F-150 4.6 Liter engine, I would like to know that will some of yall MSD Ignition Coils work good with stock ignition system without any major changes having to be made, I read that they will work good with stock ignition as well with MSD ignition 6AL boxes. I have new ignition wires by Duralast and new Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs. I see that these coils will put out a stronger output and smooth idle and improve mid range RPM power." the part #8241 is the coils and the 35279 is the plug wires that will fit on my truck. All I want is a upgrade, I do not wanna have to add no new ignition box and adapters, I just wanna add new color, as well as the options that those coils will do, especially fuel efficiency, throttle response, smooth out idle, and more, all except high performance

msdtech1955 Guest

inductive ignition ( general 12 volts to the coil and an igniter pulses the coil) can only produce so much out put ....Honestly, just adding a coil and wires will only see limited improvements , where as adding any c.d. ignition ( spiking the coil with 400 to 600 volts - depending on what system insures more current and voltage at the plug For better fuel burn ) which will lead to:

1) easier cold starts
    2) mileage
    3) horsepower

4)torque

kingb34 Guest

Default Upgrade

What is cd ignition and limited improvements, that is all I want is limited improvements, it ain't to be no high performance, tell me about cd ignition

kingb34 Guest

Default CD Ignition

How can a capacitor discharge ignition fit on my truck when it is distributorless since it is a 1997 Ford F-150 4.6Liter engine, tell me how one can fit on it

msdtech1955 Guest

dis 4....p/n 62152
    forum dis 3.jpg