Thread: Upgrade Suggestions from stock

kingb34 Guest

Post Upgrade Suggestions from stock

"I have a 1997 Ford F-150 4.6 Liter engine, I would like will these MSD Ignition Coils work good with stock ignition system without any major changes having to be made, I read that they will work good with stock ignition as well with MSD ignition 6AL boxes. I have new ignition wires by Duralast and new Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs. I see that these coils will put out a stronger output and smooth idle and improve mid range RPM power." All I want to do really is just a upgrade from stock to aftermarket coils, I do not wanna have to do no upgrading of any wiring under the dashboard and all, feel where I am coming from, I just want some way better coils that is fuel efficient, resist shock and vibration, smooth out my idle, better acceleration, and more. like will I have to upgrade from Duralast to the MSD Spark Plug wires too

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/m...034%7CL3*16072

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/m...ar1z1_shop_all

kingb34 Guest

Default No Reply yet

Hello out there people, I know that there are plenty of you out there to reply to this. I am no stranger if that's the case, just trying to get some good input ideals of upgrading from stock to aftermarket coils and plug wires, I feel like that there is a need to upgrade, to improve smooth idle, improve midrange power and so much more, all but high performance, cause I do not wanna spend a arm and a leg on that 97 ford f150 of modifying new wiring for high performance and stuff, ok yall. I want some fuel efficient options too of the MSD Ignition spark plug wires, and coils

msdtech1955 Guest

kingb34 Guest

Default Hey

What does that link you posted refer to as a show thread