Thread: 6530 msd boost curve help

Default 6530 msd boost curve help

Need help with learning how to make a run curve and a boost curve for 6530 a graph example would be appreciated thanks for sharing

A week and no reply? Not looking good...try yellowbullet.com

msdtech1955 Guest

msdtech1955 Guest

just remember ...when the ignition switch is on... and you see the red line appear on the bottom graph...

to the left is vacuum ..to the right is boost .

BOOST RETARD EXA1.JPG

MAP EXAMPLE 6530.JPG

RPM CURVE 6530.JPG

6530advance 38for the web.JPG

im not sure if I understand this final picture, you're telling me if I set total timing to 13 degrees that I can ADVANCE it to 38? I thought those figures on the left represent retard.

It should read idle timing of 13, total will be 38 with no retard.

Total needs to set with a timing light, and then both ends of the curve verified.

Idle of 13 is 38 with a retard of 25.
    Regards, Gary

msdtech1955 Guest

[QUOTE=wide5racing;95484]im not sure if I understand this final picture, you're telling me if I set total timing to 13 degrees that I can ADVANCE it to 38? I thought those figures on the left represent retard.[/QUOT

basically, the 6530 works off of a delay ....

example: you would set your total timing of 38.0 degrees ...
    that would be your 0 mark ....anything down or south from that line is retard .

as you work your way up from the bottom of the graph would be advancing the timing back to the total timing set .
    ( your zero mark of 38 degrees ).. this simply advancing the timing electronically based off rpm . Where as the conventional mechanical method of using springs and weights.

[QUOTE=msdtech1955;95489]
    Quote Originally Posted by wide5racing View Post
    im not sure if I understand this final picture, you're telling me if I set total timing to 13 degrees that I can ADVANCE it to 38? I thought those figures on the left represent retard.[/QUOT

basically, the 6530 works off of a delay ....

example: you would set your total timing of 38.0 degrees ...
    that would be your 0 mark ....anything down or south from that line is retard .

as you work your way up from the bottom of the graph would be advancing the timing back to the total timing set .
    ( your zero mark of 38 degrees ).. this simply advancing the timing electronically based off rpm . Where as the conventional mechanical method of using springs and weights.
    That is the way I thought it worked.

If that is the case it looks to me that the numbers (number in purple) in the last pictures are backwards

if you take the numbers in purple and take them away from the total timing (locked at timing), you will get the "advanced" amount.