Thread: how to wire transbrake8970,8969,8737w/nitrous

love affair Guest

Default how to wire transbrake8970,8969,8737w/nitrous

i would like a diagram to wire 3 stage retard ie 8970 with ditgital window switch
    8969 w a 3 step 8737 on a transbrake delay box rtd 7 with one stage of nitrous
    can you help

msdtech1955 Guest

did you call in yesterday ?

msdtech1955 Guest

first draft : not knowing what ignition "box" you have

:001_smile:
    8970-8737-NITROUS.jpg

love affair Guest

Default how to wire 7al-2,transbrake,nitrous,8970,8969,8737

thanks for the first draft yes that was me that called yesterday i have a 7al-2
    ign box by the way would it be the same wiring as the 6al you illustrated where do the grey,orange,and the yellow wire connect to at 7al-2 ? and do the 3 step
    plug into the 7al-2,i appreciate your time thanks

msdtech1955 Guest

three step plugs into the 7al-2

on the 8970:

yellow to points terminal on the 7al-2
    white wire not used
    red to 12 volts ignition
    black to ground.

8970-2.jpg

love affair Guest

thanks very much msd1955 you have been a great help now i can leave on those ls-1 ones on time and fast

love affair Guest

hi i was puzzled somewhat about my switches the transbrake button on my shifter i have one side connected to the rtd-6 is the other side grounded that
    showing in the diagram in addition how is the line loc switch set up it is also connected to the rtd-6 but i don't know how it will activate separately your diagram is only showing the nitrous arming switch and the transbrake switch i
    will appreciate once again your explanations thanks