Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MSD 7AL-3 And Eldebrock 71900 Wiring ?

msdtech1955 Guest

yes:thumbup1:

Default Diagram!

I guess im doing something wrong here...I wired everything like you have in the diagram..I can press the trans-brake button , hit the wot button , then when I let off the trans-brake I have nothing to the nitrous...I can hear the trans-brake work with wot and micro both pressed...I wanted it so when I let off the trans-brake the nos kicked in.....I can go back and check these jumpers im testing with to make sure 1 is not bad...I hear the noids work if I use another diagram not using the transbrake...thanks

Thumbs up Solved!!!!

Big Thanks To the 2 MSD Techs I talked to...While testing all this out before I hooked it up, come to find out the relay I was using on the trans-brake side was the wrong one...With 87 & 87a like the foglight relays...He said only relay I seen do this was like the ones used on foglights...THANKS ALOT MSD TECHS.......... Its all working perfect after the relay swap....Can I use a smaller gauge wire on the arming switch/WOT going to pin 87a...Is that just used as a trigger ???? And on the +12/push button for the trans-brake going to pin 86, can that also be like a #14 gauge or so ??? thanks

msdtech1955 Guest

no problem with that at all.

Default Activation Wire On Progressive ??

Instead of coming off the 12V timer ' can I not tie a wire in on the activation and straight to my retard on the msd 7AL-3...Then use the 12V timer for the other stage ??? Everything else is working perfect.....I was just thrown off why using the 12V timer to activate the retard...I have the black 7AL-3 which uses 12V's, unlike the red that uses gnd's....

msdtech1955 Guest

as long as the step retard is getting 12 volts when the nitrous solenoids are open...:thumbup1:....that's all that matters...:001_smile:

Quote Originally Posted by msdtech1955 View Post
    as long as the step retard is getting 12 volts when the nitrous solenoids are open...:thumbup1:....that's all that matters...:001_smile:
    Made a few test runs over the past 2 weeks and everything worked out really well...Thanks a lot...

Can I use something like a MSD 8680 to pull out more timing along with my
    7AL-3 Black ?? Im running 2 foggers and the 175 shot im running right now' I have a 10* chip in the first retard..Well my 2nd fogger I will be using soon will need about 16* took out on the 275 shot...I have the motor set on 30* total...I know this MSD 7AL-3 says you can take out only 20* total for all stages....

Quote Originally Posted by colormebad View Post
    Well I have just about everything wired, just 2 more ?'s...

I already have a arm switch mounted and wired...Its going straight to +12 Battery cable...Where I have that red x can I use that green wire on the arm switch I already have?

And on the bottom relay on the smaller kit...Am I suppose to have +12 battery coming off term 30 there ??

This diagram worked out flawless you made me, but only been running 1 fogger... I'm thinking about adding a 2nd progressive for the second stage , instead of the button... 1 guy I talked to said he uses the button to activate the 2nd progressive.. Also could you use the same micro switch on the first stage? What would be the best easiest way to add a 2nd one or do you see any problem with this ??? thanks

msdtech1955 Guest

This diagram worked out flawless you made me, but only been running 1 fogger... I'm thinking about adding a 2nd progressive for the second stage , instead of the button...
    1 guy I talked to said he uses the button to activate the 2nd progressive.. Also could you use the same micro switch on the first stage? What would be the best easiest way to add a 2nd one or do you see any problem with this ??? thanks
    yes, you can use the same micro switch for the second stage . just remember that it is a 12 volt input to the next relay ( 2nd stage )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123