Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MSD 7AL-3 And Eldebrock 71900 Wiring ?

msdtech1955 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by msdtech1955 View Post
    Sorry ' but still trying to figure a few things out....Do most not use a 2step on the transbrake ' so that when you activate the transbrake button, then press the gas all the way to the floor for the micro switch on the carb, then when you let off the transbrake off, it activates the nos ?? Or is this all built into the 7AL3 ???thanks

msdtech1955 Guest

when they stage...click the arming switch ...roll into beams ..set transbrake...
    floor it ...release brake relay powers nitrous ...then all hell brakes loose...:thumbup1:

( first stage ) then you turn on (second stage )

msdtech1955 Guest

it will bounce off the rev limiter , but there will be no nitrous activation until
    the button is released

msdtech1955 Guest

if you abort the run or get sideways and you lift ...the micro switch on the carb goes from normally closed to open...breaking the connection ..( nitrous shuts off)...

yes, you will have to set the timer to activate the step retard .
    Would I be better to set the 12V timer to 0.001 for fast activate ?? thanks

msdtech1955 Guest

yeppers.:thumbup1:

yeppers.:thumbup1:
    Well I have just about everything wired, just 2 more ?'s...

I already have a arm switch mounted and wired...Its going straight to +12 Battery cable...Where I have that red x can I use that green wire on the arm switch I already have?

And on the bottom relay on the smaller kit...Am I suppose to have +12 battery coming off term 30 there ??

msdtech1955 Guest

oops, yes the 30 directly to battery

oops, yes the 30 directly to battery

I can also use the green wire on my arm switch I already have ran from the battery also, On that green wire on the smaller kit ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast