Thread: 7730 question

Default 7730 question

Just started programming my grid and I would like to know. what is and would you need to change (Time from launch) it is set at 30 sec.not sure what is or what it does.

msdtech1955 Guest

are you currently using the time curve?

Yes I am just getting it set up.

msdtech1955 Guest

email us your file, so i can look at your graphs.

I was just wondering what time from launch was. It shows up on the right side of the screen where the gages and choices are at. I was wondering was this just a general setting as in it only will record for up to 30 seconds or what.

msdtech1955 Guest

that. counts down when the dark blue wire is released from 12 volts.

dash.jpg

This wire activates the Launch Rev Limit and is the main reset wire for
    several features of the Ignition. When 12 volts are applied to this wire it
    will activate the Launch Rev Limit. It also resets the shift light, the gear
    indicator to first gear, the Launch Retard curve and select Gear 1 curve.
    When 12 volts is removed, the Launch Time begins as does the Gear 1
    curve. When 12 volts are applied the Slew Rate Rev limit will be disabled
    as well as the Time-Based Rev Limit curve.

So its kind like auto reset in that it only works for 30 seconds after the dark blue wire is released or at least up to 30 seconds and it's something that you don't change like a default.

msdtech1955 Guest

only gets re-set ,when the dark blue wire sees 12 volts or the ignition is shut off.

What coil options for a 7al2 and the 7730. I have been running a blaster 3

msdtech1955 Guest

if, your running alot of compression or boost..the hvc 8261 coil is the best choice.

http://www.msdignition.com/product.a...103&terms=8261