Thread: Header wont fit.

maelstromracing Guest

Default Header wont fit.

I am not on my second pair of Hooker Comp Headers (Part #6901) in a 1968 Torino Formal Roof, 302, C4 Auto, Column Shift.

The passenger side fits perfect. No problems.

The driver side fits like crap. Both of the sets of headers turn towards the center of the car and up. The top of the flange hits the transmission tunnel so the top bolt can't be used. When I bolt on my header mufflers you can see how bad they are off.. The muffler actually goes into the tunnel. The passenger side points straight back, the drivers side points up and atoward the center?

Everything for the motor is lined up fine, but this is the second set where the driver side does not fit. What is the problem and how do I fix it? I have never had this problem with hooker headers. I even did this swap in the same type of car and motor 20 years ago and both pointed straight back.

Help!!!

Hello,
    Do you have any pictures of the headers in the car?
    Thanks
    Eric H