Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with NOS wiring

Default Help with NOS wiring

Hello,
    Can you help me with a diagram. I have an 88 Mustang w/5speed and NitrousWorks 13005 Wet Shot. Here's what I have/will be using:
    -MSD 6520 Digital 6 Ignition, and will be using 1 deg. retard at activation. (2nd step Rev Limiter is used with line lock);
    -MSD 8969 Digital RPM Window Switch
    -MSD 8960 Double Pole Relay
    -MSD Blaster Coil with MSD 8874 Harness
    -NOS WOT Microswitch
    -NOS Fuel Pressure Safety Switch
    -Proform Shift Light (wied in at the tach connector on the Dig 6 ignition)
    -NitrousWork Purge System
    On my nitrous setup I have added a second nitrous solenoid and want to activate it at the same time as the primary solenoid (for safety in my own mind), reason I bought the double pole relay. I have the fuel solenoid located along the RH fenderwall and all three nitrous solenoids and mounted inside the cowl where my wiper motor arms are. I will have a lighted arming button for the nitrous system, a momentary push button to activate the nitrous. I have the purge system wired seperately. I am not sure which is the best way to run in order through the componenets. Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks!!

I forgot to add that rhe 6520, Blaster coil and 8874 harness are already in the car running and wired in with the shift light and line lock also being used.

msdtech1955 Guest

SO , your using the button to activate it only along with the rpm window switch?

you dont want it to come on when the clutch is released and reaches " X"
    amount of rpm from the window switch?

Yes, using the button to activate it when hitting third gear and beyond to keep the tires under it. Top end of second gear if needed, if I get too much tire spin off the line or hitting second gear, so I can make up time lost. The cam (FMS E303) in the car has good low end torque, but a seemingly long third gear.

msdtech1955 Guest

HERE YA GO !:thumbup1:

8874-FORUM.jpg

FORUM NOS.jpg

Sweet, thanks!!! Going to run the car Saturday and Sunday at the track so this is perfect.:thumbup1:

It worked out great!!!! Thanks again for the help, it is GREATLY appreciated!! I wouldn't have got it right on my own..:thumbup:

msdtech1955 Guest

anytime.:thumbup1:

Hello,
    I am using the same set up except I have a 2nd NOS solenoid I have been running parallel on the relay. I am looking to change solenoids, possibly to Cold Fusion, and am going to need more than 30 amps that my #8960 can provide. Am I able to change over to #75643 or can you help me with a diuagram to add another 30 amp relay intop the mix. I have a few 30 amp relays and multiple single 30 amp relays already available.
    Thanks,
    Charlie

You can use the 75643, since it can give you more than 30 amps you will just have to wire 2 of the slots on the unit to your solenoids. like this diagram.
    756432channels..jpg and depending on your system is what regulates how much amps it will pull.
    Amprating.PNG this is just for 1 channel so if you use 2 it doubles the amps of course. So, for example if you are using it for continuous use you can not go above 40 amps if you do it will shut off, so you are only using it for lets say 12 seconds the max amps you can have is 90 for this amount of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast