Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7730 wired to 6530

sterry57 Guest

Default 7730 wired to 6530

Is there a wiring diagram to wire a power grid to a 6al programmable 6530.also I've heard there will be some features lost and some that has to be adj on the 6 box.please specify.I'm trying to use this as a replacement to a 7531 that i previously had that was made illegal in my class and now is legal.since I bought the 6530 as a replacement I'd like to keep it and add the power grid to gain back some of the functions.main things I'd like to have is data logging .shift light controlls .two stage retard.and window switch.thanks for any info

sterry57 Guest

Anyone know if it will work and if so how its wired

msdtech1955 Guest

IT would hook up ...like a 6al...BUT, the problem now will be rotor phasing.

1) we need to know...how much timing your going to take out on the grid
    and what your timing graph looks like on the 6530

2) what distributor your running ? or crank tigger ?

http://www.msdignition.com/uploadedF...20msd6L(1).pdf

sterry57 Guest

I don't have anything running yet so know graph.SBC mad distributor locked out.no crank trigger.I run a bade timing of 36 And pull 16-10 degree on nitrous.I don't see a way to wire the two together since the 6530 is a programble box and has now rpm model plug so how does it wire.I previously had a 7531 box and the class I run outlawed it and allowed the 6530 only then they changed it back so its allowed and I already had the 6530.looking to gain data and some of the wiring for rhift light Manley.

msdtech1955 Guest

unfortunately, all the rev-limits will still have to be done on the 6530.

but, it would still wire the same as the 6al to the 7730

I don't have anything running yet so know graph.SBC mad distributor locked out.no crank trigger.I run a bade timing of 36 And pull 16-10 degree on nitrous.I don't see a way to wire the two together since the 6530 is a programble box and has
    keep in mind..your pulling 16-10 degrees .."phasing " and the amount of degrees you have left to play with ...

example : with a bigger cap
    1) nitrous--16.0 degrees ( 6530)
    2) a "MAX" timing retard of 30 ( distributor)
    3) only leaves you with 14 degrees, ( powergrid)

so, if you have the smaller cap, it would be even less.

sterry57 Guest

How do you connect the two since the 6530 doesn't have a rpm module and the 6al does that where I'm mostley confused.also the dizzy I have is a mad slip collar.not where what cap is on it size wise but the one it comes with.

msdtech1955 Guest

unfortunately, all the rev-limits will still have to be done on the 6530.

but, it would still wire the same as the 6al to the 7730

also the dizzy I have is a mad slip collar.not where what cap is on it size wise but the one it comes with.
    can you post a pic

sterry57 Guest

Not a great pic but maybe you can tell.

msdtech1955 Guest

with that cap.. the max i would retard would be 15 to 20 degrees . but, i see you have the room to run a cap a dapt and a crank trigger ..

this will allow you to move up to 30 degrees retard.

sterry57 Guest

I know I've asked this a few times..since my 6al programmable box does not have a rpm module spot .how does it wire up to sync the7730.the 6al diagram you shows uses the module hookup which I can't hook up becuase my box doesn't have this.please be specific.thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast