Thread: Promag 44 in front of a sbc

ProPv Guest

Default Promag 44 in front of a sbc

Hi,
    I have an 406 with twin turbo and like to uppgrade the ignition to a Promag mounted in front of camshaft but is this possible with an 7 inch Ati damper?
    Like to mount the Promag and a fuelpump on an RCD offset drive, possible?
    As a plan B, can I use an front driven distributor from MSD to mount the Promag? (I have Jesel cam drive and standard height on camshaft).
    I hope you here will help me out with this. ( check youtube and 1800hk).
    :thumbup:ProPV

msdtech1955 Guest

depends on the front cover combo you are currently using .

but , you would be better off talking to the guys at
    rcd engineering or goodvibrationsracing.com

$(KGrHqNHJCEE63(UQ+peBO39c)C6Og~~60_35.jpg

drive1.gif

drive2.jpg

drive3.jpg

ProPv Guest

Thanks for the reply. Going to fly to LA and visit Goodvibrations next mounth. But I avsked about to fit a ProMag44 on an MSD frontmount distributor, can this be done?
    After My visit in the LA I maybe show up here again when I gona have the Racepak, ProMag44 and MSD Power Grid to team up together.
    ProPV:thumbup1:

msdtech1955 Guest

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by ProPv View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Going to fly to LA and visit Goodvibrations next mounth. But I avsked about to fit a ProMag44 on an MSD frontmount distributor, can this be done?
    yes, you can front mount a 44 amp mag ....
    oddy did them all the time.
    IMG_0733.jpg