Thread: Land Rover Discovery V8i

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Eduardo Nieto Guest

Default Land Rover Discovery V8i

Hi, I'm writing from Venezuela and I want to know which ignition module would be the best for my Land Rover Discovery 1998 V8i. I'm thinking about a Street Fire Ignition Control (PN5520) with a Blaster 2 ignition coil (PN8202) or Digital 6A ignition Control (PN6201) with a Blaster 2 ignition coil (PN8202). Am I right? What do you recommend me? I have Lucas distributor (magnetic pickup) and like the off-road use. Do you have some ignition control module that's waterproof? Thanks for your time and opinion. P.S. Sorry for my English.

msdtech1955 Guest

5520---8202--- Magnetic hook-up. 5520magnetic.jpg

Eduardo Nieto Guest

Thanks a lot.

Eduardo Nieto Guest

Hi again, I have another question: How does the MSD sends signal to the engine ECU to manage the pulses for the electronic injection?

msdtech1955 Guest

It doesn't, you'd have to leave the stock ECU on. Then use the white wire hook up (the MSD box will not operate replace a factory ignitor or ECU). 6 series white wire install.jpg

Hi, hope it's okay to write here. Is this the same wire hook up used for the Digital 6 Off Road Ignition Control box? I have a Range Rover Classic 3.9L V8 with a magnetic pickup distributor. Nicolaj