Thread: Power Grid or a 7520 ??

lightn95 Guest

Default Power Grid or a 7520 ??

i just bought a vehicle that has 7720 &7730 already installed. but its not running 100% yet. im not familiar AT ALL with the Grid. and im also not sure if its need for this vehicle. the vehicle is just a simple carburated,N/A combo with 15:1 compression C-6 trans with a brake.

should i keep the Grid or just go to the 7520?

if i keep the Grid, is there a step by step layout for getting it ready to run. i've fired the motor but not for very long and when i put a timing light on it i get VERY inconsistant readings (from 30*-90*)

thanks for any help!

msdtech1955 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lightn95 View Post
    i just bought a vehicle that has 7720 &7730 already installed. but its not running 100% yet. im not familiar AT ALL with the Grid. and im also not sure if its need for this vehicle. the vehicle is just a simple carburated,N/A combo with 15:1 compression C-6 trans with a brake.

should i keep the Grid or just go to the 7520?

if i keep the Grid, is there a step by step layout for getting it ready to run. i've fired the motor but not for very long and when i put a timing light on it i get VERY inconsistant readings (from 30*-90*)

thanks for any help!
    let me ask you...are you comfortable using a lap-top ?

lightn95 Guest

sure...... im not a computer expert by any means though.

but i guess part of my question is...... is the Grid an over kill for my application

msdtech1955 Guest

then use it....
    mainly for the timing curves, i.c.t...etc...
    plus a little of data aqu....

but, first we need to check your general settings.
    webgraph.jpg

7730 start retard of 10 degrees.JPG