Thread: 3-Step ???????

Default 3-Step ???????

Can a 3-Step be used with the MC3? If so can I use a dial module for the #3 or clutch limiter? If all of this is possible, how can I wire it? Thanks.......:001_huh:

The MC3 unit already has a 2 step feature high and low rpm limiter built into it. If you’re looking to add a third step to use as a burn out limiter then yes you could use a 3-step unit PN 8787 with the MC3. The adjustable RPM modules can be used with the MC3 or 3-step. If you do not already have the MC3 unit you may want to look at the MC4 unit PN 4224 which already has the 3-step feature build into it and is completely laptop programmable. If you have any questions please email me at rcorral@msdpowersports.ocm

Thank you
    Ray C

Default 3-step

Ray, thanks for getting back with me. I do have a MC3. I'd like to have a high limit of course and the launch limiter, but I'd also like to have a limiter for the burnout. I'm just not sure how to arrange things. See if I've got it right. 10K module into the high limit of the MC3, 3-step into the low limit of the MC3. 7K module into the #1 of the 3-step for the burnout. The selectable module into the #3 of the 3-step. Do I put another 10K module in the #2 of the 3-step for the high limit. This is very complicated for a old guy, but I think it will be worth it. Thanks in advance.............Tony :tongue_smilie: