Thread: Team Spool'n Squirrels Racing

thumpn Guest

Default Team Spool'n Squirrels Racing

For all of those guys drooling over the Chevy LS platform this is for you.

My name is Jeremy and My wife Carol and I have a drag race team, our race car is a 1984 Chevy S10 Blazer with a Chevy 5.3 LS with twin turbos. I am posting this to show that the MSD 6010 ignition system is what I use and in my opinion the easiest to program to make that LS motor scream! the other thing that makes it easy, is the ability to change timing maps in a mater of minutes for changing weather conditions which I have maps stored for.

Like i said I run a twin turbo 5.3 LS, Msd 6010, on a blow thru Pro Systems 950cfm carb. the fisrt pass out with no programming the Blazer ran a 10.40 1/4 mile. After about 6 test and tune passes the blazer was running a consistent 9.93 1/4 mile. on 28lbs of boost! After many races at the end of the season I lost the high clutch discs in my tranny but still running the numbers which tells me that the tranny that I had been running all season was in fact toast the whole season. After getting the tranny rebuilt my tranny guy said " how in the hell were you running in the 9's with a blown tranny?" after he said that I have no doubt that next year is going to be a whole new and fast season, and I know that the Msd 6010 is gonna be my best friend in the pits and on the track. after my refreshing of parts and the addition of a intercooler system over this winter I am gonna finally get the blazer on the dyno in Feb to see what numbers I can lay down and try a couple of different maps on the 6010 to maximize power.

hear are a couple of pics of my ride, sorry if the pics are not the best.

thumpn Guest

Default Update

Well after a long winter I got my blazer on the Dyno and was able to put down some good numbers. So here they are, 881hp @ 796 tq. I have also put down some good consistent numbers running in the 9.40's. in the last month I have made 37 runs, and all of them were a 9.43 - 9.49 @ 142.2 -142.7 mph. And if it weren't for the great design of the MSD 6ls ( 6010 ) those numbers would not have been possible.

Here is another pic to add to the story.

RASelkirk Guest

Nice! I have a '6010 on my LS Maverick. So... are you "spool" or squirrel"?

Russ