Thread: Electric shifter issues

Default Electric shifter issues

I have an electric shift solenoid wired like the diagram in another thread by "greenduster71". I used the brown/white wire to trigger the shifter. It uses power to engage and a break in the ground to release. Tested this using the MSD ignition tester and the shifter engages at the correct RPM. All functions appear to be fine. The problem comes when the transbrake button is pressed. The shifter releases as soon as it's pressed.

Is there another function tied in from the launch RPM to the brown/white RPM limiter that is causing the brown/white wire to activate when the transbrake button is pressed?

Thanks in advance.

msdtech1955 Guest

lets look at the harness first (the big connector)

see if the brown and white wire is on pin 19.

also ,email me a file ,so i can see the settings
    rjage@msdperformance.com

7730photo-brownwire.jpg

msdtech1955 Guest

or does the settings look like this?
    fdxgjfj.gif

msdtech1955 Guest

Barnett444 Guest

Im having the same problem. I have checked everything that has been suggested with no luck. Any more thing to check?

msdtech1955 Guest

need more info:

what shifter?

hows it wired?

did you activate the dark blue wire ?