Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ignition Timing - Engine RPM

Default Ignition Timing - Engine RPM

It appears as if when you are on the Ignition Timing tab – Engine RPM Secondary tab with the Main Timing plot selected – You total timing appears at the flat line – My case 38 degrees. If I want to put a start retard, and low speed curve into the engine I have to start with:

Engine RPM Ignition Timing
    0 38
    100 18
    1100 28
    1500 33
    1700 38

In this graph the Ignition Timing is the actual timing, not subtracting from the total timing....??? Is that correct?

If so, then this becomes by default my Gear 1 Curve - Correct?

msdtech1955 Guest

In this graph the Ignition Timing is the actual timing, not subtracting from the total timing....??? Is that correct?
    (subtracted from total timing but, you will see true timing on the gauge...( has to be running)

[/QUOTE]no, it will always use the rpm curve...plus ( launch-step retards--etc.)

mopar4dr1.jpg

mopar4dr2.jpg

So you are saying that my first input 100 rpms at 18 degrees would really be 20 degrees of timing? If that is so, and I wanted 18 degrees at 100 rpms the input would have to be 20?

That being stated, If I wanted to use that curve and have it act like a mechanical advance curve I would have to input that same cure in the Gear one graph? Once the trans brake button was pushed, then the Launch Curve would be the only active curve until button was released, then Gear One would kick in until the grid sees a 600 rpm drop, then Gear Two would be active???

Quote Originally Posted by mopar4dr View Post
    It appears as if when you are on the Ignition Timing tab – Engine RPM Secondary tab with the Main Timing plot selected – You total timing appears at the flat line – My case 38 degrees. If I want to put a start retard, and low speed curve into the engine I have to start with:

0 38
    100 18
    1100 28
    1500 33
    1700 38

Your curve would be

0 38
    100 20
    1100 10
    1500 5
    1700 0

These are the amounts of "retard" from locked total of 38, that will give the 18,28,33.
    Regards, Gary

Ok, I am still a bit confused... When I input it the way you showed me the timing line goes to 0 and stays there... That can't be right... I have attached the file for you to see... Thanks for all this trouble...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Please look at my file ---

Please take a look at my file,,,,, I am trying to fugure this out and my email sits here for a whole day with no reply - ????

Quote Originally Posted by mopar4dr View Post
    Please take a look at my file,,,,, I am trying to fugure this out and my email sits here for a whole day with no reply - ????
    Can you upload it as a jpg or pdf?
    Regards, Gary

msdtech1955 Guest

ok, on your graph...your pulling all the timing out .( 38 degrees)..( down to zero)
    moparforumbefore.jpg

msdtech1955 Guest

the graph i posted ,shows a start retard ...then back up to total timing ...

mopar4dr1.jpg

msdtech1955 Guest

here is a look at a quick advance curve.
    moparforumafter.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast