Thread: Electronic Fuel Injection System

kdautotech Guest

Cool Electronic Fuel Injection System

I am repowering a bunch of old trolleys these trolleys usually operate in Waikiki and town stop and go traffic. We are looking at improving fuel mileage and torque. Most units have a 460 Ford gas fuel injection system which is obsolete they are about 20 yrs. old. Basically, I'm looking for a standalone fuel injection system with manifold that works well at idle to 4,000. We have 2 different size engines 429 and 460 gas Fords. I am also concerned about the 40' run from the fuel tank to the engine compartment. Will I need a extra suction pump for the pressure pump? We have a total of about 20 units that were looking to refurbish and time as usual is a concern. Please let me know if you can be of any assistance.
    Aloha from Hawaii, Keith

Hey Kdautotech, I have done some research. I found a quite good site where you can learn like everything about fuel injection.
    They also have some reviews of fuel injection systems, check it out and see if you can find any system there that fulfill your criteria!
    http://www.fuelinjectionbasics.com

Best regards, Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by kdautotech View Post
    Most units have a 460 Ford gas fuel injection system which is obsolete they are about 20 yrs. old.
    Basically, I'm looking for a standalone fuel injection system with manifold that works well at idle to 4,000.
    Currently, Holley doesn't offer a MPFI system (intake manifold) for a Ford 460 engine.
    Although HP EFI ECU & Harness Kits are available to retain your OEM fuel injection hardware.
    Depending on the throttle body bolt pattern, a TBI system would suit your needs too.

I am also concerned about the 40' run from the fuel tank to the engine compartment. Will I need a extra suction pump for the pressure pump?
    If these engines are MPFI, I wouldn't be too concerned about the 40' run.
    Especially if the 43 psi fuel pressure regulator is located at the engine.
    Do these antiquated EFI engines currently have "booster pumps"?

(NOTE: I realize I answered an old thread, but the information may benefit others.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.