Thread: MSD cap for 8350 too TALL!!!

50dan Guest

Default MSD cap for 8350 too TALL!!!

I sent in my MSD 8350 for a checkup about 1.5yrs ago. I sent it in with the original black cap with about 25 miles on it and it came back with a red cap. Kind of odd but no big deal at first. Well I pull it out of the box just a month ago and install it back on my Fairlane and now my air cleaner won't fit back on because its taller than the black cap! Now I have to change from my Cobra oval air to something else. I'm very pissed! This new red cap is 5/16" taller than the old original black cap. What can I do. Does MSD have any of these black caps OLD STOCK??? HELP I want to keep my air cleaner setup the way it was! Here is a pic before I had redone everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images

msdtech1955 Guest

and it didn't fit even with the wire retainer removed?

is this a 66 /67 fairlane?

50dan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by msdtech1955 View Post
    and it didn't fit even with the wire retainer removed?

is this a 66 /67 fairlane?
    Thanks for the response. Yes 66 Fairlane. No I don't use the plastic retainer. The red cap is too tall even without the retainer it's 5/16" taller than my original black cap.