Thread: 4224 in a snowmobile

turbo600srxman Guest

Default 4224 in a snowmobile

just wanting to know if this box is going to work for me before i go out and get it , i have a 3cyl 2stroke snowmobile that im putting a turbo on it and this box has a map sensor , so i can program it to pull back the timing as boost increase . is this the box i want to run or is there something better that you offer that will work in my application , anyhelp would be great thanks

The MC4 pn 4224 will not work on a 3 cylinder engine. This unit was made to work on a 1,2 or 4 cylinder engine. At this time we do not offer a plug-n-play system for snowmobile engines. There are snowmobile racers using the 75301 Digital 7 ignition, this will not be a plug-n-play install you will need to make some part in order for this system operate. If you have any other question please let us know.

Thank you
    Ray
    rcorral@msdpowersports.com

turbo600srxman Guest

im looking for a ignition that i can run a map sensor to control my timing as boost goes up , douse the 75301 offer the map sensor feacher as im running a turbo. thanks for your help

Unfortunately it does not have a boost retard feature. If your class will allow you to run it, a 7720 and 7730 (Power Grid)might be an option. Please let me know what you think.
    Thanks, Bret- MSD Powersports