Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6AL-2 Programmable 6530 LED flash.

Vortec350s10 Guest

Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought a used 6530 and it is doing the same thing connected up to a 12V power supply which is putting out 12.2V. Thick black and red connected and then when I connect the switched ignition wire to 12V+ the LED flashes twice then goes out.

msdtech1955 Guest

so this is not hooked to a car and using a battery and chassis grounds?

Vortec350s10 Guest

Correct, I have the box connected to a 12V power supply just to see if it powers up and if I can connect to it with my laptop. No others wires are connected to anything besides the 2 main power wires and the smaller red that is supposed to go to switched ignition. Will it work differently actually in a car? Or on a battery? Thanks for the quick reply.

FE Bubba Guest

Default Programable 6AL-2 low voltage

I am also having the same low volt double flash with the heavy power wires hooked directly to the battery with 10 gauge wire and a 15 amp fuse. The ignition hot wire is plugged into the fuse box with a ignition hot plug that remains hot durring engine cranking. I have all the trigger wires taped off and still no spark, even with a new battery and the charger hooked up to it with a steady 12.6 volts DC. It won't event arc a plug straight off the coil doing the MSD spark test? What do I need to look at next?

msdtech1955 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vortec350s10 View Post
    Correct, I have the box connected to a 12V power supply just to see if it powers up and if I can connect to it with my laptop. No others wires are connected to anything besides the 2 main power wires and the smaller red that is supposed to go to switched ignition. Will it work differently actually in a car? Or on a battery? Thanks for the quick reply.
    Will it work differently actually in a car? Or on a battery? Thanks for the quick reply
    we have alot of customers, even try it with a battery charger with the
    same results...

.we always recommend that you use a battery and chassis ground.

msdtech1955 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FE Bubba View Post
    I am also having the same low volt double flash with the heavy power wires hooked directly to the battery with 10 gauge wire and a 15 amp fuse. The ignition hot wire is plugged into the fuse box with a ignition hot plug that remains hot durring engine cranking. I have all the trigger wires taped off and still no spark, even with a new battery and the charger hooked up to it with a steady 12.6 volts DC. It won't event arc a plug straight off the coil doing the MSD spark test? What do I need to look at next?
    where is it grounded.

FE Bubba Guest

I have mine grounded directly to the battery with the same 10 gauge wire.

msdtech1955 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FE Bubba View Post
    what does it do while running?

FE Bubba Guest

I got the engine running with the stock HEI and tuned the carb. I swapped in a new battery and now I'm getting a spark off the coil doing the spark test on page 18 or 19. I'm going to try and put the MSD distribtor back in this weekend and see what happens?

msdtech22 Guest

Please keep us informed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast