Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiring help -MSD ignition and nitrous

elvis Guest

how do the wires on my box need to be hooked up on (ras-on-off and all that)

msdtech1955 Guest

RPM ACTIVATED SWITCH
    The RPM Activated Switch (RAS) Output will turn on a component such as a shift light or
    nitrous solenoid at an adjustable rpm point by supplying a ground path. The RPM Switch
    is capable of handling a 10 amp load. If 12 volts is required to activate the component, use
    an MSD Relay, PN 8960 or 8961.
    The 7AL-3 also features an "RAS On/Off" for the RPM Activated Switch. To use the RPM
    Switch, 12 volts must be connected to the “RAS-On/Off” terminal located at the top of the
    third terminal strip. Whenever the 12 volts is removed from this terminal, the RPM Activated
    Switch will not operate.

7230 ras on-off.jpg

elvis Guest

got around to wiring up my nitrous used your diagram every thing works except test button and when i press my trans button and press the wot switch both are on at the same time what have i done wrong double checked every thing i have all the wires going to where u have them ? when i press test button the relay clicks all it does is remove power from 87a on other relay

elvis Guest

i told u wrong 87a removes power from 30 on other relay when i press test botton sorry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12