Thread: 1965 Mustang

mustangguy289 Guest

Default 1965 Mustang

I have posted in the tech support section but have not formally introduced myself.

My ride is a 1965 Ford Mustang. Dad bought it in 1971 when he was 18. In '86 it was parked. Then in 99 we began the 3 year restoration for it to be my first car when I turned 16.

289, AFR 185 heads, probe pistons (10.5:1), edelbrock victor jr, Holley street HP650, Hooker headers, alum rad w/ elec fan , Toploader 4 speed with Hurst Inline shifter, etc.

MSD products include :MSD dist, 6AL, Blaster 2 coil, Super Conductor wires

The car got me thru high school and is now just used to cruise in and drag race. Best times so far are 11.82@115mph in the 1/4, Naturally Aspirated, pump gas.

mustangguy289 Guest

Here is a picture showing the MSD products the day we removed the 289 to have it rebuilt.

msd_admin Guest

Nice! Are you using Cal-tracs? Looks like its planting them really nice.

mustangguy289 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by msd_admin View Post
    Nice! Are you using Cal-tracs? Looks like its planting them really nice.
    Yep, the Cal-tracs are a great product.

RASelkirk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
    Yep, the Cal-tracs are a great product.
    Cal-Trac question: I notice you have the bar in the upper hole. John always recommends customers to start using the lower hole. Did you start there and change it? And did you see any difference?

TIA!

Russ

mustangguy289 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RASelkirk View Post
    Cal-Trac question: I notice you have the bar in the upper hole. John always recommends customers to start using the lower hole. Did you start there and change it? And did you see any difference?

TIA!

Russ
    To be honest I have had it in the upper hole since we installed them. I tried to find the directions for intall and couldn't. It has been so long I do not remember why we chose that hole or if the directions said to use that hole.

Nice! Are you currently utilizing Cal-tracs? Seems as if its grape planting them really great.
    NoorAlamShahzad