Thread: 8770--- for the 80's

msdtech1955 Guest

Default 8770--- for the 80's

here is an oldie ....8770.

8770-1.jpg

8770-2.jpg

8770-3.jpg

rmefford Guest

Is it possible to hook a retard control [8770] into my already working 7-al2 and 2-step ignition. If possible, could you furnish a wiring diagram of this?

msdtech1955 Guest

rmefford Guest

Default happy to be a member,8770 lives again

This site rocks. Thank you msdtech1955 for the diagram, your the man. Wiring it up tonite thanks to you.

rmefford Guest

Default upon further review, 8770 intall

Hate to be a pain,but how does 2-step wire into setup? Car really hauls butt & would hate to screw up now. 2-step is now wired to trans. break & works great.

msdtech1955 Guest

here ya go.

7220-8770-8739-dual relays launch nitrous.jpg

7220-8770-8739-dual relays launch nitrous.jpg

Default Autotronics/msd 8760

Hello, I just bought a altered and it has an old 8760 retard control box on it, I am a little confused as to what it is for. I also would like to know how to wire it as it is unhooked. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

msdtech1955 Guest

was it a blue or silver box unit?