Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: twin turbo 415 sbc timing

bonedaddy Guest

sorry wrong place to post

msdtech1955 Guest

what was it you were looking for ?

bonedaddy Guest

timing for a twin turbo sbc starting line and finish line just some place to start

msdtech1955 Guest

whats your combo?

bonedaddy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by msdtech1955 View Post
    whats your combo?
    415 sbc/ brodix track1 heads/all forged /blow through csu carb/twin 67mm turbos/ATI turbo3speed with a brake 4000 stall./9in 3.50 gear on a spool/comp everything 645/645 lift with 249/249 dur at 50 on a 115. hdy roller.good to 7200./ 3600 lbs on a 275 tire /msd 7562 boost controler and a 7535 with boost retard some help on using the 2 controller at the same time would be nice i have co2 to control the top of the wastegate as you sugested in post .all the help i can get would be great right now i have the 2 lite blue wired to my roll control and the dark blue on both on the trans brake HELP!!!!

msdtech1955 Guest

is this gas or alcohol...?

on the boost controller ...is it plumbed like this ?
    http://www.msdignition.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16933

what boost are we looking at ?
    co-2 pressure ?
    launch rpm ?

basically....tell me what you have done so far ..the more info you give me...the better we can help you on the timing and the boost controller curve!

bonedaddy Guest

waste gate is set up like duel waste gate 1 jpg

compression is 8.98.1
    20 psi boost for now
    gas 110 and water/meth injection.
    2 precision 46mm wastegates
    i am looking to launch at 4000 10in converter

ok now the rest of the story this is a new motor and all new setup for me !!

the old motor stock block stroker 396 same carb blow through 2 60-1 turbos
    made 870 to the rear wheels on a dyno at 18 psi
    2 evalation waste gates ran on 10lb springs only no controler locked down timing at 28 a dig 6 msd box msd coil msd billit dis.
    no trans brake foot brake
    it was sad 10.0 at 145 1/4 mile
    so all this setup is new to me that is why i am being a PIA
    all this new stuff its hard to know were to start !!!!!! just so you know i am not some young guy talking crap old guy working on bucket list LOL low 9s

msdtech1955 Guest

are you running the 75psig racepak sensor or the three bar map sensor?
    also, are you monitoring pressure at the manifold or waster gate?

bonedaddy Guest

map sensor 23121 on both boxes .this part is good to 30 psi ? i dont plain on going over 20 psi at this time . and at the manifold.

msdtech21 Guest

Try pulling a total of 10* of boost retard using the 7535. Set the boost controller with 60 psi of CO2 on top of the gate. Start with P= 30 I= 15 D= 0. Plot your boost curve and let that dog eat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast