Thread: MSD should think about making good on bad parts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DougM Guest

Default MSD should think about making good on bad parts

Hello,

I am an avid fan and user of MSD products. I havenever had an issue with anything MSD (Until Now)

I had 2 pro billet 8381 Optispark distributors fail on me.

1 was years ago and if failed after 2 months (no cause found, but swapped it out and it ran fine) maybe bad electroc pick up?

Then this month I installed the same unit after my last becaise oil fouled. I fixed the oil leak and installed it and it lasted 2 weeks (80 miles) 1 time back and forth to work and around town) nothing over 3,000 RPM.

Now I just installed it's replacement and it is running well (day 1)

My thought is seeing as though these jobs are so labor intensive and cause the cars to be down a good amount of time (waiting to return the bad and get the new can be 2 weeks) MSD should offer a gift certificate program or something. I know I would use it for MSD products in the future.

Just a thought, MSD supplied bad parts, caused me a huge headache and labor (if a dealer was doing it I was quoted $1,200 to do it) and I had to do it twice! Also from looking through the threads I am not the only one that has had a problem.

I think a world class leader like MSD would be happy to make good to thier customers because i will continue using MSD even though this happened.

Thanks

Doug

msdtech1955 Guest

--------------------------------------------------

sc2dave Guest

Quote Originally Posted by msdtech1955 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------
    So no then?

I wouldn't call pulling a distributor "labor intensive".

You've had two distributors fail over a short period, does that say that something else is causing them to fail?

Bad grounds, spikes from the charging system or fans etc?

Cornbread287 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz64 View Post
    I wouldn't call pulling a distributor "labor intensive".

You've had two distributors fail over a short period, does that say that something else is causing them to fail?

Bad grounds, spikes from the charging system or fans etc?
    An optispark distributor is no quick fix