Thread: great I have a new ignition and now need an old laptop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default great I have a new ignition and now need an old laptop

Seriously msd the 4217 is a great ignition
    I just need to search for an old laptop so i can adjust it

Im disapointed in the fact that you guys havent been able to use at least a usb cable for the programing
    I will tell the guys i ride with to wait a bit before they buy a 4217 as you have to back date your computer to make it work

You can use an usb to serial port adapter to hook up to a newer laptop. If you have any questions please let me know

Thank you

Ray

x4bngr Guest

The serial port adapter is the sole reason I am not upgrading my MSD ignition box. It's 2010. USB has been around for what, 10 years?

Ian Harrison Guest

Smile

C'mon guys!!

Quite a few programmable ignitions operate through a serial connector (RTD, HPI, PVL, etc., etc.) as do may dyno applications.

A serial to USB adaptor is hardly a huge investment.

$1 to $3 on Ebay. Hardly a reason not to purchase (just type in serial to USB adaptor).

Best Regards

Ian:001_smile: