Thread: Adapting Projection2 to new Holley Avenger EFI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    68zz502fi Guest

Cool Adapting Projection2 to new Holley Avenger EFI

Hi,

I have a holley projection2 system (commander 950 predecessor) I have never run. I purchaced it for my ZZ502 crate engine some years back. I have port matched and powder coated the intake. so I really dont need an intake.
    Im interested in running the new avenger efi system on the ZZ502 with the existing intake,TB and sensors.
    I need to know if holley offers an ECU and harness kit that adapts the old projection2 / commander 950 style system to the new avenger efi system?

on a side note the old system came with 30LB injectors, I dont understand why they would send 30LB injcetors for a bigblock application. anyway Im planning on upgrading the injectors. I'd guess 42-50 LB , what would you recomend?

Thanks
    Last edited by 68zz502fi; 06-07-2010 at 03:20 PM.

Responded to your email. If you need more info just ask.

68zz502fi Guest

thz Doug,

I did send you an email, but I cant find your reply...

I dont know if you remember what I had asked initally, so I'll remit and also add some questions here. I was interested in the part numbers for the Avenger EFI components to upgrade from my Projection2 system. You had reffered to them on the Chevy Talk forums, I'd like to get those from you please.

I remember you asking about what distributor I am running. I have a new GM 7 pin/wire distributor ready to go.I hope this is plug and play with the Avenger system.
    Im interested in knowing if the Avenger EFI system is a sequential or batch-fire system.
    Finally I know you said the Avenger uses 48 LB injectors for the big block chevrolet kit. I have 30 LB injectors, obviously not adequate for my ZZ502 application. would you say 42 LB injectors would be sufficient for my particular engine.

Im running a stock ZZ502 crate engine with the Projection2 intake, it has been port matched. their are no modifications.

Thanks !
    Last edited by 68zz502fi; 06-11-2010 at 12:31 AM.