Thread: MSD equipped Chrysler Australia

vh5150 Guest

Thumbs up MSD equipped Chrysler Australia

Hi,
    I have a MSD 6AL and 8920 tach adapter on my modified 1973 318 Mopar. Was having troubles with the ignition missing under 2000rpm so rather than waste a bunch of time and money replacing parts I called the MSD tech help line from Australia. The MSD technician was very helpful providing me with OHMs resistance values of my 6000rpm pill I have in the 6AL. The ignition fault stopped when I removed the 6000rpm rev limiting pill which I explained to the MSD technician late Thursday afternoon when I called.
    The advice given by the MSD technician to run another earth lead from the engine to the negative coil terminal fixed the problem immediately.
    My 600 mile old re-built 318 is now running strongly on all 8 cylinders again and idles down perfectly now that the fault is gone.
    Have just added a set of MSD super conductor wires and will aim to get an MSD billet distributor p/n 8534 soon. Would like to have the ability to tune my advance curve myself so the MSD billet distributor seems to be the obvious thing to upgrade next.
    Anyway thanks for the tech help MSD!:thumbup:
    Dave
    Tasmania Australia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oQrvx_Ri4E

msd_admin Guest

Thats a cool car... looks sorta like a javelin from the rear.

msdtech1955 Guest

looks good , lets keep the pics going .:thumbup1:

vh5150 Guest

Thanks for the replies,
    Just got back from Australia's largest Mopar show held every March half way between Melbourne and Sydney Australia at a town by the name of Albury.
    600 Mopars were at the show including plenty of US built muscle cars. Back to my MSD set up, the car started and ran perfectly for the 750 mile journey over 5 days from Tasmania to Albury, New South Wales :thumbup1:.
    Even managed 19MPG out of my 318 with a 750 Holley, 360 heads fitted with 2.02 valves and a 3.23 rear!
    Definately makes a difference to economy having a decent fire in the hole!
    Very happy I went the extra distance on my build and chose an MSD ignition.
    Thanks Dave
    Tasmania Australia

msdtech1955 Guest

good to hear ! c'mon lets keep those pics going !:001_smile:

vh5150 Guest

Hi again MSD,
    Just to prove I got there with that MSD P/N 8534 billet distibutor to go with my set of MSD super conductor wires!
    Ended up with the blue stop bush and all in at 2800RPM springs fitted.
    Ignition timing is now very reliable and consistent thanks to the MSD billet distributor and MSD 6AL ignition box.:thumbup:
    Dave Tasmania Australia