4253 for Yamaha Super Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4253 for Yamaha Super Jet

I am considering a 4253 enhancer ignition for my Yamaha Superjet but had a question:

As far as I know, the older style Yamaha stator and flywheel (61X) had a different timing than the newer style (62T). Which version is your 4253 CDI compatible with?

I have heard that people use your ignition with either version and simply use a ‘gender changer’ conversion wire on the only wire that isn’t the same so it hooks up, but I believe the 61X has a 7° difference in the stator timing so how could it function the same?
    There is also a higher voltage with the 62T but it's the timing that I'm wondering about. If Yamaha CDI's are not interchangeable then how could your MSD one be (if that's the case)?

Originally posted by johnny340
    I am considering a 4253 enhancer ignition for my Yamaha Superjet but had a question....
    No reply yet??! Consideration over now. I have ordered a new ignition from Advent.

I highly recommend them to anybody thinking of upgrading their ignition. They have great customer service.

If one of the MSD wizards wants to answer my original question, I'm sure it will help out some of your customers anyway. It seems a lot of people check this forum but few MSD techies ever respond. Too bad...

Comment

• msdpowersports1
      • Feb 2005

Sorry for the delay on an answer but it looks like we are having some problems on our powersports forums. Can you please give me a phone number and the best time for me to call you?

If you need anymore help please give me a call at 1-888-258-3835.

Thank you
      Ray

Comment

That phone number was not available in my area. I've already bought the 'other' one but if you wouldn't mind posting the answer to my original question, I think it would help others who are swapping CDI's around from 61X to 62T stators and visa-versa.
        Thanks.

EDIT: left message on local phone number.

Comment

• msdpowersports1
          • Feb 2005

Sorry the phone number I gave you did not work here is our local number 915-858-3365. As for the 61x and 62t stators we have had no issues with running our 4253 Enhancer on any of the Yamaha 701 jet skis. If you have anymore questions please feel free to contact me at the number above or you can email me at [email protected].

Thank you
          Ray

Comment

Working...
          X