Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C950 no go?

You may not have the correct version of software

Langan Guest

Looks that way any ideas were to look?

Quote Originally Posted by Langan View Post
    Looks that way any ideas were to look?
    First, your laptop computer must be able to communicate with the ECU.
    Click on the About & Version tab (with the key-on) to find your current software & firmware versions.
    Your C950 software version must be compatible with your C950 firmware version:
    1.xx software = 1.xx firmware
    2.xx software = 2.xx firmware
    3.xx software = 3.xx firmware

The firmware in your C950 ECU can only be updated by sending the ECU to Holley.
    The newest software & firmware will operate a narrowband or wideband O2 sensor.
    I highly suggest Holley's own 534-197 WBO2 sensor kit; it's "plug & play" with the C950 harness:
    http://www.race-mart.com/Holley_Perf...L-534-197.html

I have no original software trying to use a download from a Tom Z. nice guy. I may be doing a lot wrong can't get computer to talk to ECU.
    You can download the latest Commander 950 Pro software version here:
    http://www.holley.com/TechService/Li...#FuelInjection (Scroll down to Commander 950 Software)

Was hopping it would at least run?
    You still don't understand. You must be able to communicate with the ECU to initially enter "Hardware Settings", and setup your Engine Parameters (engine, ignition, EFI type, etc.).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Langan Guest

I guess some old men like me just don't get it. Can you think of anyone up here in Washington state I could take this to? It's on a test stand and ready to go. I can deliver too.

I guess some old men like me just don't get it. Can you think of anyone up here in Washington state I could take this to? It's on a test stand and ready to go. I can deliver too.
    Where are you? I'm in Coeur d Alene, ID. If you're too far away, you could mail me the CPU and I could see if I can talk to it with my computer, as I know it works with mine. Have you tried the Comm port settings in the software?

Langan Guest

Sure I could mail to you. I don't have any software? I downloaded what Danny suggested, but I guess I need a tutorial, can't seem to understand this stuff?

Langan Guest

Here is some picks on stand. Just for fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holley 005.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	335   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holley 002.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	334   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holley 001.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	333  

Sure I could mail to you. I don't have any software? I downloaded what Danny suggested, but I guess I need a tutorial, can't seem to understand this stuff?
    Shoot me a PM. Where are you located? I'd be happy to try and connect to it and see what you have. All I need is "the box."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12