Thread: Pickups for MC-3

mikejr Guest

Default Pickups for MC-3

Will any of the Compact Non-Magnetic Pickups (PN's 8159, 8169, 8153, 8154 or 8275) work with the MC-3? If not, what pickups other than the 42306 may be used?

Can you please let us know what kind of engine you are using this on?
    Thank you

mikejr Guest

Default Pickups for MC-3

This is for a Jr. Dragster application (aftermarket block), The 42306 style trigger and starter nut collar supplied by McGee does not meet our needs.

I want to go back to a magnet embedded in the flywheel (like the Small Engine Controller design). What pickups can be used for this application?

Thanks.

At this time the only triggers you will be able to use is the 42306 and 4154 with the MC-3.

Thank you

mikejr Guest

Default MC-3 qnd 4154 Pickup

I did not know that the 4154 pickup would work with the MC-3. That is the Hall Effect pickup supplied with the Small Engine Controller - correct?

Can you please confirm?

We talked to the engineers about running the 4154 triggers with the MC-3. That pickup will not work with the MC-3 the ones to use are the 42306 triggers. Email me a picture of your set up so we can find something that will work for you.

info@msdpowersports.com

Thank you