Thread: 1992 SuperJet with no spark

DDDJ Guest

Default 1992 SuperJet with no spark

My 1992 Yamaha SuperJet just quit. I am not getting any spark. After taking the "brain box" out, I noticed corrosion inside the box. Not a lot, but it does have corrosion. How can I tell if it is the coil, cdi or both? Thank you.

If you are still running the stock CDI and coil you would need to check the service manual for coil specification. If the coil checks out ok it would be the CDI unit. If you are running an MSD product the only way to check the CDI would be to call us for a RMA number to you could ship it to us for testing.

Thank you

MSD Powersport 1

DDDJ Guest

It is all stock. How do I check the coil? Then how do I check the cdi?

You will need to check your Yamaha service manual on the correct specifications on your stock ignition parts.

Thank you
    MSD Powersports 1