Thread: 1977 Trans Am Street Rod

1Bad77 Guest

Default 1977 Trans Am Street Rod

It's taken 2 years, but it's finally coming together. I plan on bracket racing at the local 1/8th mile dragstrip and just cruising on the weekends.

I just replaced the stock HEI ignition with an MSD Digital-7, Pro-Power HVC coil, and Pro Billet distributor.

The motor is a .060 over Pontiac 455, Comp 305H cam, Holley 850DP. Holley black fuel pump, Holley Hitman nitrous plate system (currently 125HP shot), AFCO aluminum racing radiator w/dual 14" electric fans, Hooker aluminum powder coated headers, 3" side pipes, 3000 stall converter, TH400, 3.73 rear end. Should run mid 7's in the 1/8th mile.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MonzaRacer78 Guest

Lookin good, may get low 7's with the "shot"

Eric David Bru Guest

Cool

Lookin' good.

EDB

1Bad77 Guest

Thanks.

What plugs and gap should I run with my setup and a 100-150 shot of N2O?

Eric David Bru Guest

Cool

1 step colder.

EDB