Thread: yamaha superjet msd enhancer problems

D-Roc Guest

Default yamaha superjet msd enhancer problems

I've been running my msd enhancer for the 701 superjet with great success for over a year now. Recently i have been having troubles killing the motor. sometimes the stop button works fine and other time when i press it, it will not stop the engine. I have checked the kill switch, its good, i swapped the coil. i check the stator with an extra one i had on the shelf, it appears to be fine. Now when i hit the kill switch the motor will continue to run for up to 2-3 minutes and then kills the motor by itself. One more symptom is it will run fine sometimes, and it stops the motor fine and then it starts acting up. When it acts up the motor will not rev up as if it doesn't get the spark to increase the rpms. I just ordered another one and it should arrive this week. Is this something you've seen before and can you guys fix these things? i know the warranty doesn't apply to me. I just want to know if there is anything i can do with it because it isn't that old.

D-Roc Guest

hello??? knock knock.:blink:

If the Yamaha enhancer is not getting the good signal from the stop switch the unit will not turn off. If you like you can send in the unit for test so we can see if the units not working or if it is the switch.

Thank you