Thread: What thread size are the Holley glass sight plugs, part number Holley 26-112?

M-train Guest

Default What thread size are the Holley glass sight plugs, part number Holley 26-112?

Looks like a great/safe way to view the fuel levels, but there isn't any mention of what size tap to use.

Notes: Will not work on Holley standard fuel bowls.
    This is a replacement part for their aftermarket fuel bowls.
    http://www.holley.com/26-112.asp (Fuel Bowl Sight Window Kit)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & MT 245/45R17 tires.

M-train Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Notes: Will not work on Holley standard fuel bowls.
    This is a replacement part for their aftermarket fuel bowls.
    I kinda figured that, which is why I was asking what tap size to use after drilling them out.

Here is one a guy already did, but he can't remember what size tap he used.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/74182...ugs+for+Holley

Quote Originally Posted by M-train View Post
    I kinda figured that, which is why I was asking what tap size to use after drilling them out.
    Here is one a guy already did, but he can't remember what size tap he used.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/74182...ugs+for+Holley
    Oh, I'm sure it can be done...you just need to call Holley Tech for the thread size. Let us know.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & MT 245/45R17 tires.

M-train Guest

I'm kinda hoping one will chime in here.

I think it would be easy to drill if you have one of those tapered drill bits.

M-train Guest

Bump, come on guys this is a Holley forum. Surely there is a tech person who monitors this board.

SeaCarr Guest

After just having to drill these buggers out, I believe it was 24 threads per inch. I'm going outside to look.
    I put two of the plastic ones in finger tight. After starting the engine and having some other problems I looked at the side and both of the glass outer parts had broken off, leaving the threaded part in. Brand new from Holley and cost me $12.00 at the local parts store. Nothing touched them!

SeaCarr Guest

I just took the plugs out and used my thread counter. 24 tpi. I did not have a tap so had to take off the fuel bowls "again" and clean out the threads with a scribe and blow out the bowl with carb cleaner to make sure the plastic scrap was all removed. Between the plastic see through plugs and stuck valves I must have had those bowls off half a dozen times.