Thread: MSD upgrades for Ford

FireFace Guest

Default MSD upgrades for Ford

I have a Ford Explorer Sport Track 2001 model with a V6 4.0L motor and i'm realy intrested in thees parts but not sore what i need i was thinking about the "MSD - Ignition Amplifiers - MSD Digital-6 Plus Ignition Control " and some
    " 2MSD - Ignition Coils - Blaster HVC Coil " is ther any thing more that i should get?

msdtech4 Guest

FireFace,

The ignition box that you can use is the DIS 4 part number 62152. You will also need two of the 8912 adapters. This will help increase fuel burn in the cylinder and by doing this it will help performance, mileage, throttle response, starting and over all drivability. The amount will very from application to application but it will help. These will be available from one of our dealers listed on our web page. You can not use a standard 6 series since the 6 is designed for an application with a distributor and single coil. Yours is distributorless using coil packs instead of a single coil.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

FireFace Guest

So it is
    DIS 4 part number 62152
    2x 8912 adapters
    6x Blaster HVC Coil a

nd i'm good to go? or will the MSD Blaster Ford TFI Coil do the jop just as well as the Blaster HVC Coil ?

msdtech4 Guest

FireFace,

We do not have a coil pack but the addition of just the ignition will be a very noticeable increase in spark energy. Due to packaging etc. I would steer clear of trying to mount the 6 coils, although you will see additional spark energy it would not be so noticeable on the application listed I would just add the ignition box and adapters. Hopefully we have a replacement later this year.

Thanks,

MSD tech4

FireFace Guest

Thanks for the info

msdtech4 Guest

FireFace,

If you have any other questions let us know.

Thanks,

MSD tech4