Thread: Digital Shift Light (PN 89631)

jwdiho Guest

Default Digital Shift Light (PN 89631)

This shift light seems to get confused what gear I'm in. And doesn't turn on if I'm in 5 or 6th gears, only 1-4th gear. If I shift two gears at once it seems to get confused which gear I'm in.
    Is there a way to turn off the gear selection option and just use it to turn on the same rpm in ALL gears?

Are you sure you have the 89631 and not the 8963? If you have the 8963 it will only work up to 5th gear and needs to drop below 1400 rpm to reset. If you are running the 89631 it will turn on every time it hits the rpm you set.

Thank you

jwdiho Guest

I have the first shift light on this page.

http://www.msdpowersports.com/shift_lights.html

The instructions allow setting different rpms for first 4 gears. What rpm level does the light use for 5th and 6th gears?

But, it seems the light gets confused if I shift up or down twice. I can see how this wouldn't be a problem if you were using it for a drag race. But, it's a serious problem if you are running on the track...

Any way to make sure it goes off in all gears?